Sunday 25 January 2015

Non-Fallow News (and some sylvanian stuff too)

It's with a saddened heart that I have to inform you that my dwarf hamster Tanna died yesterday. The little solace I can find is that she passed peacefully in her sleep, curled up in an egg box cushioned with bedding.
Hopefully this is the culmination of the misery I have felt these last few weeks, and maybe things will look up from now. Recently I've been feeling a little overwhelmed by my collection, and so many of my buildings have vacated my room to give my head a bit of space. I'm not giving up though! Glen Fallow is still very much a bustling community within my bedroom, but for now some of it is off-limits due to (de)construction (and technically it's non-existence).
Meanwhile I hope that by the end of January I can complete my family profiles and hopefully begin the "Village" section of this blog, where I will present all the different buildings and areas of Glen Fallow. This will give some better insight into the families' homes and their daily lives.
I hope I don't shock anyone when I say that I am going to try not to purchase any more Sylvanians until Easter. I think I need to slow down a little and sort out the things I do have, because recently I feel I've just been buying compulsively and not really getting an awful lot of long-term joy out of it. I do want to continue collecting, without a doubt, but I can feel my health slipping and to keep my head together I really need to take some iron control over my life and daily routine. Plus exams are starting to loom, and I really don't do enough studying... stress stress stress stress...

In short, my purchasing will be on hiatus for a little while, but I hope to still be updating my blog in this time and doing other productive things. I'll still be active on the forum of course (how could I not? It's the first site I visit whenever I have an internet connection - I'm addicted!!), so don't worry about missing my sparkling personality. :lol:

I still have a trade organised with Eaton, so that's something to look forward to! Oh, and I wouldn't be adverse to any others, so do tell me if there is anything you want from the British range! ;)

Lots of love (and sorry about this),
Niamh x

3 comments:

  1. As I said on the forum, I think it's a great idea to clear some headspace for exams (they're awful, I sympathise), but I'm so sorry to hear about Tanna, she looked like such a sweetheart. Haha re the forum/Internet comment, it is the same for me! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your hamster. It's so sad when pets die.
    I totally understand your decision - sometimes it's better to rest a bit in collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, So sorry to hear your hamster has died. I hope you are over it now and look back to the pleasure Tanna gave you. I have wanted a hamster for a pet but they are not available to buy in New Zealand. I have two guinea pigs. It is hard not to keep buying, I say that too. I want to make more things but I don't make the time... one day!

    ReplyDelete